Thursday 19 June 2014

Loreal True Match: Review/Second impression

Hey everyone
and welcome back to my blog

Today's blog is a review/second impression of the Loreal True Match foundation
I have used it already, but not for more than a few hours so today I will test out how she goes all day :D

Not my photo, my bottle was looking messy :P


If you don't already know, Lauren Curtis on YouTube raves about this foundation. I have used Revlon Colorstay for a long time but when I saw this on special at Priceline I thought I may as well try it. True Match has SPF 17 (great for day use, not too great for night/flash), is super-blendable and matches the skin colour and texture. I brought in my Estee Lauder double wear sample in Ecru, and N2 Vanilla was a perfect match.

The first thing I noticed was the texture as it is very runny. To apply, I use my damp beauty blender and find I need 2-3 pumps for full coverage with 2 layers on my cheeks and t-zone. The foundation was in fact very blendable and felt nice on the skin.

Keep reading to see how it performed throughout the day..
I have normal skin however I can get dry around the nose. Garnier Micellar water before my primer can often help this.  The primer I used was Garnier's Perfect Blur. It was set only with Mac Fix+ spray. 

Straight after application: 11:00am
The application was flawless. It was very easy to blend, and did not streak (could be because of the beauty blender though). The foundation did not feel sticky, even before spraying Fix+.

Update 3:07pm
I'm about to go to the movies so I thought I would update. I applied my makeup then watched tv shows (ie. I didn't go outside, do any activities, etc). My makeup looks good other than it is starting to melt off the sides of my nose and my mouth (because I ate and drank).


Update 11:00pm
Oops. I went to the movies then at 7:30 I went out with my friends to dinner and I didn't check my makeup until I got home! My friends took a photo with flash and guess what... Unlike my Colorstay I was not left with a white face! Unfortunately the picture is on my friends phone so I can't show you :( I normally wouldn't wear foundation for this long but I am very impressed. My foundation had melted off my T-zone revealing shine but this could have been easily avoided with some powder in those areas.


Would I repurchase?
If you follow me on Instagram (@thebeautydiariesx) you would know that Colorstay is my holy grail and therefore I have x1million back ups. While I wouldn't convert to True Match just yet, I think it is a foundation I will often reach for and will definitely keep a bottle of in my stash.

Anyway, wow that's a big one from me :O
Until next time..

Chantelle xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Would really love to try this foundation what the price like

    ReplyDelete
  2. About $30 at priceline. Although I got it on sale for about $23.

    ReplyDelete