Friday 20 June 2014

5 MUST HAVE REAL TECHNIQUES BRUSHES


5 must have Real Techniques brushes
(in my opinion anyway)

Hey everyone
and welcome back

Now I could go on and on about how amazing RT brushes are. I'm sure you've heard it all before! They are super soft, and create a flawless face. And.. The best bit is.. They are so cheap! Especially when you buy them on iherb. And, if you use code MMH287 you can save up to $10 off your first order. :O

Anyway, in this blog post I'm gonna be strong and pick 5 RT brushes to review. These brushes I think are essential in every collection. I've also chosen five that are versatile and, especially if you are a beginner, you could definitely live with just these five and you'll be fine.

Leggoooooo..
P.s. This is a long post :P
P.s.s. My brushes are dirtyyyyy as. 
Only the picture below is my own, the rest were found on Google Images




1. EXPERT FACE BRUSH
How many times have you heard about this one before? Probably x1million and there is a reason why! It's perf. I often use my beauty blender for foundation but have lately been grabbing this baby. It's very easy and quick to use and creates a flawless base in seconds (or minutes). This brush is my go to brush on weekends as I wake up at 6am to start at 7 and wear bb cream. I have tried bb cream with my bb and my hands and I just didn't love the finish but this is perfect. It creates such a flawless airbrushed finish and its saaaa fluffaaay.

Now, warning, this can be a pest to clean since it's so dense. In my blog post here I have the perfect solution and it definitely removes all the grime inside my expert face brush leaving it new and white and clean again <3

Expert face brush can be found on here for $9.64
or in Priceline for $19.99



2. SETTING BRUSH
Another must have is the setting brush. It has the perfect dome tip for setting your under eye concealer (I use ELD HD under eye powder). It's small and is super easy to clean, but again, I use the same technique as earlier linked. This brush is sooo versatile. I use it for highlighting my nose, cheekbones and cupids bow. You could also use it for powdering your t-zone or maybe even patting in your concealer (though fingers work great as well). Stay tuned for my giveaway, you might just see one of these babies pop up ;D

Setting brush is on iherb for $8.57
or Priceline for $14.99




3. ESSENTIAL CREASE BRUSH
This brush is limited edition and is exclusive to the Sam's pick's set found here for $29.99. In my opinion, this is very worth it as you get 3 of the brushes listed here (setting brush, deluxe crease brush and one other, see below :P). Plus you get three other brushes to complete your collection. Like the title says, this is an essential crease brush. Errybody needs a crease brush. I have the MAC 217 which I love (it's $38 though) which is perfect for packing and blending into my crease. What I love about this brush though is it's small, perfect for small eyes like me or for more precise application into the crease.



4. BLUSH BRUSH
I didn't buy this when I bought my expert face brush and setting brush on my first iherb order and instantly regretted it :( So with my next iherb haul, I grabbed it! It's so big and fluffy. It does not look like a blush brush at all but it is! It's perfect for soft contouring/bronzing and packing on a bit of blush/building it up. As for cleaning, I can't say how it goes as I haven't washed it yet. Very naughty -  I was just too excited to use it :'( I'll clean it today though :P It looks like it'll be easy to clean as it's so fluffyyyy <3

Blusha brusha can be found on iherb here for $9.64
or, if you're too keen, here at Priceline for $22.99



5. MULTI TASK BRUSH
This is definitely a multi task brush. If you watch Lauren Curtis, you would see she now uses this brush for foundation. I haven't yet but would be keen to try. This brush is very fluffy (aren't they all) and could be used for foundation, contouring and blush (it is kinda flat), powder.. the uses are endless! I haven't used this one much yet but I can definitely see it being a staple in my collection.

This brush can also be found is the Sam's Pick's set listed above.. As you can see this is definitely a good set and has all the brushes you will ever need (maybe) :P



- x -

And remember, by using the code MMH287 you can save between $5-$10. On iherb, there are $4 and $8 shipping options. $4 means you'll get your items in 1-4 weeks. $8 option means 2-4 days with tracking! And, by using the code your shipping will be virtually free + a discount on the rt brushes that are already < half of what you pay at Priceline :O

- x -

Well that's all from me now,
until next time,

Chantelle xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Great picks! Esp the Expert Face brush and the Blush brush, two of my absolute faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful brushes

    ReplyDelete