Friday 11 July 2014

MASK OF MAGNAMINTY | First Impression

Hey everyone


On Wednesday I put up a post on Instag asking you what your favourite/must have Lush products are. On Thursday I went into Lush and after umming and ahhing I left with a mask. I spent ages there looking at everything but the price put me off a bit :(. I despero wanted to try the Lush Cupcake Mask but I wasn't committed to purchasing it since it had to 1. Be kept in the fridge and 2. Had to be used in the month. Sadly, they didn't do samples for their fresh masks :(. So, instead I purchased..


The Mask of Magnaminty


I was shocked when I saw it in store.. It's actually so tiny! It was also $16.95 which is OK for Lush but I was hoping for a larger tub. But I was very impressed regardless, and you'll soon see why!


I was excited to use my MoM that night so, before my shower I wiped away my eye makeup with Garnier's Miccelar Water. In the shower I cleansed/removed my makeup with my Natio Young Cleanser (the Lush lady recommended removing your makeup so MoM doesn't have to fight the barrier of makeup). I skipped the toner and moisturiser this time and went for MoM instead.

I was first surprised at how little you need to cover your face. A generous sized teaspoon size covered my face with a medium thick layer. MoM makes you look like Shrek with some small chunky bits but it's defs worth it. The instructions say leave it for 5 to 10 minutes, and I left it for the full 10. Be careful though bebs koz some MoM did fall off my face when I was applying it so defs do it in the bathroom not the bedroom like I did. Sorry mummm <3

After the 10 minutes were up, I removed MoM with a warm face cloth in circular motions (so the rough bits can exfoliate)

Instructions
The goodness that goes into MoM

I have combination skin and after using this beb my skin felt amazeballs. It felt sooo clean and soft. I would use it everyday if I could but the Lush lady said dry skin should use it 1-2 times a week and oily skin up to 3 times, so I plan to use it twice a week only. 

I followed up with my Natio Young Moisturiser. Although this is oil free, I often wake up with an oily nose but, this morning (Friday), I didn't. And I can definitely say this is due to the cleanser.

Do I recommend you buy this? Of course. I love it. And will continue to repurchase if it keeps giving me these feels. If it starts to eventually break me out, you'll hear about it on my instag. I love that Lush let you return this product provided you have a receipt if it doesn't work for your skin. The lady said you could have even used half, and they will still return it. At this stage I have no intention of returning it since it works so well <3

Well that's all from me for now
I'd love to hear about your Lush experiences
Keep up on Instag: @thebeautydiariesx

Much love

Chantelle x






3 comments:

  1. This mask shouldn't make you break out, it's actually one of Lush's masks to help prevent you from breaking out.
    And just letting you know, I've had the cupcake mask for a few months now and it's still perfectly fine and works as good as it did when I first got it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chantelle!
    I also love this mask! It feels so refreshing on the skin afterwards,
    just letting you know I've also tagged you for the Liebster Award; so please come check out my blog for all info and questions!

    XO
    http://hellojessiek.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only product from Lush I've ever tried is their lip scrub. The problem is, it tastes so freaking delicious (bubblegum flavor) that it's hard to try to not actually eat it while you're exfoliating your lips! I'm definitely going to look into this mask! DF xoxo
    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete