Thursday 3 July 2014

THEY'RE REAL VS. FALSIES | High end vs. drugstore

- Hey everyone -

Today's post will be a review/comparison on
Benefit's They're Real
and
Maybelline The Falsies

I have heard soooo much about both of these and both are a favourite in the high end/drug store world. I had been using my Revlon Photoready Mascara for a long time and it was drying out so, when I went to the Chemist Warehouse 50% off sale, I grabbed Falsies as I had heard soo much about it. Likewise, I had heard so much about Benefit's They're Real. I had never tried Benefit so I bought their Beauty Score set from the US site. This included some of their favourites such as Hoola, Benetint, the Porefessional and, of course, They're Real.

Before mascara - Never noticed those tiny lumps on my eyelid before but fair sure they are just a small irritation from makeup remover wipes! They don't hurt at all and are nothing to be worried about. Sozza if they look gross :'(
I applied both mascaras using the same method. I kinda rotated the wand as I did it (what Shaaanxo does). I put the same amount of mascara on each eye :)

First up is Benefit's They're Real!


Cute sample size

After one coat - Very natural, I likey
2 coats - Love!
After two coats They're Real looks gorj! My lashes are separated and thick. They aren't spidery or clumpy. From a distance (ie. not in zoom photography) they definitely look like falsies and are nice and curled, despite that I did not curl them!

Now time for Maybelline's The Falsies

From Google koz it went dark when it was time to photograph it :P

1 coat of falsies - Fairly separated

After 2 coats - Not my fave

Not the best photo I'm sorry but Falsies let me down. Mind you, I do absolutely love this mascara and will continue to use but there is no comparison to Benefit's They're Real. It may be the way I applied it, or it may have been applied too thick but Falsies came out thick and clumpy and, sadly reminded me of Younique Mascara which I have seen online :'(


Final verdict
Maybelline is great for the price. It is about $20 but on sale I grabbed it for $10. On the other hand, in Myer, Benefit's They're Real is $38!. But.. As you know, you get what you pay for. I will continue to use Maybelline for when I'm at work or when I won't be wearing makeup for long. When I will be out at dinner or at events I will definitely by wearing my They're Real. When this sample runs out, I will for sure be purchasing this on the US Benefit site as it is there for $23, which is only a little more than Maybelline. 

What do you guys think?
Have you tried either of these mascaras?

Would love to hear your opinions.
Hit me up on my Instag: @thebeautydiariesx

Much love,
Chantelle xo



1 comment:

  1. I have tried Benfit's They're Real before and instantly fell in love, definitely worth the hype!! The only reason I haven't repurchased it is the price.
    Jess-Lee xo
    http://justjessicalee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete